I got a very nice email from a reader that wanted to know how to post the images that she took from her iPhone, to sell on Ebay. I posted an article, “How to take better Ebay photos with your iPhone” So this will be the follow-up to that article to that post. I thought this may be also be helpful for my other readers. So let’s get started.
- Ebay App: It can be found here at the Apple App Store
- iPhone: iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s
After you have downloaded and installed the Ebay App, you want to take the pictures of the products that you want to sell. These images should be stored in your “Photo’s” under camera roll on your iPhone. It would be a good Idea to read my article (Here) for some tips on how to make better images for Ebay. When you are ready follow the steps bellow:
- Open the Ebay App on your iPhone
- Once the App has opened at the very bottom of the App there are buttons that say Home, Search, My Ebay, Sell and Settings. Click on the “Sell” button.
- Once on the screen above you click on the button that says “List your item” in green at the top of the screen. You will reach a screen that allows you to enter all the information about your item. Such as the Category, Listing Title, Listing Subtitle, and then Photos. Fill in all the information and then go to the Photos Section. Under the Photos Section there will be a white and grey image of a camera, Click on the camera.
- After clicking on the camera icon you will be asked where you want to get your photo from, please click on Photo Library. It will then take you to your Photo Library where you Need to click on Camera Roll, or one of the links where you kept the image you want to place in your ad. **(As you can see the App allows you to select Camera which will allow you to take a picture, but I like to be prepared and have all my pictures already taken and stored in the Camera Roll. This makes the listing process fast and if I mess up on the picture I won’t have to keep deleting the picture and re-taking it)**
- After you select your image you will be given the opportunity to Move and Scale your image. After you do this you must click “Choose” at the bottom right hand side of the screen to “lock-in” your selection.
- After you click “Choose” your phone will upload the image to the Ebay servers. You will be taken to the original screen where there was a white and grey camera icon. A small thumbnail of your image will be there. See image below. You can repeat this process for as many photo’s as you want to upload. After you are done uploading the photo’s finish your description, listing format & pricing, payment methods, duration and start time, item location, shipping, handling time, and return policy.
- Click “continue” on the lower right hand side, the App will allow you to review what you have entered and if all is well click “List your Item” That’s it your done. Congratulations! Happy Selling!!